Top Picks for Austin MotoGP Week!
MotoGP is the best of two-wheeled racing, and the three-day event will be at the Circuit of the Americas on April 11-13, 2014. Since Austin is new to this race series, we don’t have any traditions yet – but here are some of our picks for events over the race weekend.
Handbuilt Motorcycle Show // April 11 & 12th // 1100 Warehouse (1100 E. 5th Street)
This free show features handbuilt motorcycles – a medium that blends speed, technology, sport and art. Featuring over 100 handbuilt motorcles of all types, plus:
- The Wall of Death: Antique bikes defying the laws of physics, riding on walls. / DJ Uncle Kenny spinning 78 Shellac
- Oil & Ink Motorbike Print Expo / Robynn Sanders – Painter / Vintage Motorcycle Jacket Show / Cutaway Engine Collection
- Frank Artisan Sausages / Various hipster food trailers / Full cash bar on premises / No BYOB
Ducati Austin Open House / Rider Meet & Greet // April 10 // Ducati Austin (812 E Braker Ln)
Ducati MotoGP riders Andrea Doviziosi and Cal Crutchlow, along with team boss Paolo Ciabatti will be at Ducati Austin for a meet-and-great during our Pre-MotoGP Open House.
Open house 5 to 8:30 riders at around 7pm.
2nd Annual Bikers n’ Beauties Party // April 12 // Cedar Street Courtyard (208 W 4th St)
- Silent Auction with signed memorabilia from current and former champions supporting Tommy Aquino’s family
- Door Prizes: over $3500 in giveaways
- $10 Cover proceeds benefiting Road Racing World Action Fund
- Special guests include rider superstars Colin Edwards, Scott Russell, Kevin Schwantz
Red Bull MotoGP Engineering Lecture // April 9 // University of Texas – A.C.E.S (A.C.E.S AVAYA Auditorium, 201 E. 24th St.)
The 2014 Red Bull MotoGP World Championship is coming to the Circuit of The Americas in Austin, Texas, April 11-14; and Red Bull is kicking off the event with a joint Engineering Lecture at the University of Texas at Austin on April 9th.
Guest Speakers include legendary 2011 Moto2 World Champion Stefan Bradl, and former 125cc Moto rider Lucio Cecchinello. Attendees will be able to participate in a Q&A session following the lecture. Seats are first come, first serve. Ending time is approximate.
Stock Car Racing at Central Texas Speedway // April 12 // Central Texas Speedway (24801 IH 35, Kyle, TX, 78640)
If you’re in Texas for the first time, you might like to check out the stock car racing just south of Austin. This D-shaped track hosts NASCAR-sanctioned stock car races on certain Saturday evenings.
- Real stock car racing on an oval asphalt track.
- Gates open at 4pm, racing starts at 6pm!
- Bring your MotoGP ticket stub and get 50% off General Admission to the CTS race.